Daniel Dubois vs Anthony Joshua who quits first ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thunderstorm, Jul 9, 2024.

how does it end

1. joshua spits that mouthguard out and calls it a day

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. dubois has had enough and takes a knee

37 vote(s)
    72.5%
  1. Cojimar 1946

Cojimar 1946 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2014
    One would logically think boxing is far less dangerous than street fighting because in a street fight nobody is guaranteed to step in if things go bad for somebody. It's absolutely true that many street fights end up with someone getting hurt worse than boxers are ever hurt in their entire careers. You can doubtless find many youtube fights where someone is hurt worse than Floyd ever was.

cross_trainer likes this.
  2. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    That's all fine and dandy but doesn't detract from my point. Boxing is fighting, and people have being permanently injured and died in the ring even with referee involvement.

3. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Funny how the threads from Fury fan boys about Joshua being a quitter has multiplied since Usyk played boxing snooker with Belly. :)

Pugguy and Smokin Bert like this.
  4. Kiwi Casual

Jul 31, 2021
    At least Fury didn't quit or throw Usyks belts out of the ring ;)

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  5. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    I cant wait to watch this bout. Dubois is the first dangerous puncher Joshua faces after Ruiz (I dont consider Ngannou because he is not a boxer imo). I wanna see if Bodybuilders jaw holds or not like with the Mexican.

Said that, I think DDD has many chance to drop Joshua before the middle and honestly I hope it happens to confirm Joshuas chin is a B- level and it is his main weakness.

Therefore...if Dubois manages to land some good right hands on Joshuas skull in the first rounds without get seriously hit it could be the second KO suffered by Bodybuilder in his career.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2024
  6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Dubois shipped s load of right hands in his last fight. Seems his toughness is in check now.
    If he can tighten up defensively he could take AJ out. I'd pick AJ to quit before Dubouis but don't think either will quit as I can see a k.o settling it.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Neither of them are going to quit. This is a British domestic dust up and bragging rights are on the line. Dubois Defeated his Demons and AJ never quit. Somebody is getting KTFO.

Tolak80, BubblesUK and Bokaj like this.
  8. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I think this will be a close exciting fight with 2 big hitters in or around their primes. Joshua has the edge due to experience and a more polished skill set. But Dubois definitely has a chance here. He's got a fine jab, obviously more than enough power to ktfo Joshua and the determination and resilience he showed against Hrgovic was impressive.

Talk of quitting from a keyboard warrior who would mess his frilly pants if either of these guys said boo to him is quite laughable.

Pugguy and BubblesUK like this.
  9. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    And still all this coping.

10. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 Woke Moralist-In-Chief

Feb 4, 2012
    Obvious troll is obvious.

11. Kev2k83

Kev2k83 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2023
    Yeah Leonard pushed the rematch when Duran was out of shape as the animal he was in and out of the ring. It's not mentioned much but is in that cracking documentary I watched.

12. Kev2k83

Kev2k83 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2023
    And dubois now has his dad in his corner which seems to make him think twice about throwing the towel in although I wouldn't call taking a knee with a broken face quitting tbh anyway.

Kiwi Casual and Serge like this.
  13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    ''Quitting'' because of a broken orbital socket isn't really quitting, if you value your sight that it and your career

BubblesUK, Tolak80 and Kiwi Casual like this.
  14. Kiwi Casual

Jul 31, 2021
    Which is why you're still trying to justify AJ quitting I guess. Then AJ proceeds to get gifted a belt by the man who schooled him twice out of sheer pity.

I'm glad Usyk is the champion and AJ is out in the cold with his trinket.

15. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    No but he said he won the fight and said the judges robbed him because of the war in Ukraine.
    Both took their beatings like crybaby bitches

BubblesUK likes this.